Wheatgrass is the young grass shoots of the wheatberries, taken just after sprouting. It is an excellent source of chlorophyll (helps clear the body of toxins, while it also cleanses the body) – and has the widest range of vitamins and minerals of any of the vegetables.
Unfortunately wheatgrass is not readily available to the everyday consumer, but you can buy the wheatgrass juice and wheatgrass powder and supplement in health store and some juice bar.
How to take wheatgrass powder: Wheatgrass powder is taken by mixing it with water to make a nutritional drink. It can also be added to other foods.
Health Benefits of Wheatgrass Juice:
- Help tighten loose sagging skin and help improve complexion.
- Energizes and reduces fatigue, because the juice is immediately absorbed into the bloodstream and gives immediate energy.
- Purifies the blood which helps to cleanse the kidneys, liver and urinary tract.
- Rich in insoluble fiber which gently cleanses your digestive tract and promotes regularity.
- Keeps hair from graying & removes dandruff.
- Washes drug deposits from the body.
- When held in the mouth for 5 minutes will eliminate toothaches and will firm up and tightens gums.
- Can dissolve the scars that are formed in the lungs from breathing acid gasses.
- Can remove heavy metals and other toxic (mercury, cadmium, nicotine) from the body.
- Restores fertility
- Helps eliminate body odors.
- High magnesium that helps restores the sex hormones.
Nutrient Content of Wheatgrass Juice per 100g:
- Vitamin A: 427 IU
- Thiamine: .08 mg
- Riboflavin: 0.13 mg
- Vitamin B3 (niacin): 0.11 mg
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid): 6.0 mg.
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hci): 0.2 mg.
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin): 1mcg
- Vitamin C: 3.65 mg.
- Vitamin E: 15.2 IU
- Chlorophyll 42.2 mg.
- Choline: 92.4 mg.
- Magnesium: 24mg
- Calcium: 24.2 mg.
- Selenium: 1ppm
- Potassium: 147 mg.
- Zinc: 0.33 mg.
- Phosphorus: 75.2 mg
- Sodium: 10.3
- Iron: 0.61 mg.
- Folic Acid: 29 mcg.
- Water: 95 g.
- Fat: 0.06 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.0 g
- Calories: 21.0
Wheatgrass Juice versus fruit and vegetables:
- 1 ounce of fresh wheatgrass juice is equivalent to 2.5 pounds of vegetables in nutritional value.
- 1 ounce of wheatgrass has more vitamin C than 1 ounce of oranges.
- 1 ounce of wheatgrass has twice the vitamin A than in 1 ounce of carrots.