Vitamin B12 and Folic Acid both plays a big role in the metabolic processes. Vitamin B12 works to reactivate folic acid, when there is a deficiency in Vitamin B12, folic acid deficiency follows.
Forever B12 Plus with folic acid is a time-release formula of vitamin B12 and folic acid, which work together in a number of important metabolic processes. These processes help the body promote everything from normal growth to cell reproduction, from blood formation and protein and tissue synthesis to cardiovascular and mental health, as well as beautiful skin and hair.
Each Forever B12 Plus with Folic Acid contains 500micrograms of Vitamin B12 and 400 micrograms of Folic Acid
- Vitamin B12 is named the “red vitamin”, because it composed of a red crystalline compound. It is the only vitamin that contains an essential mineral- called cobalt.
- Vitamin B12 is required in tinier amount than the other B vitamin. Only 3-4mcg. (micrograms, or thousandths of a milligram) are needed at minimum to prevent deficiency, but it is often taken in doses of 500-1000mcg. per day to relieve fatigue.
- Higher dosage of Vitamin B12 is often used therapeutically since Vitamin B12 is not easily absorbed by the body. There is a low possibility of toxicity in a higher dosage of Vitamin B12.
- Study shown that, no adverse effects has been seen with excess vitamin B12 intake from food and supplements from healthy person.
- Folic Acid is essential for the normal production of red blood cells. Fewer red blood cells are produce when folic acid levels in the body are low.
- Folic Acid supplement are important for pregnant women, to avoid birth defect.
Information on this page is from Forever Living Products