Sheep’s milk is the milk of domestic sheep. It is processed to make cheese, butter, ice creams and other dairy products. Sheep’s milk is rich in fats and minerals; it is the most nutritious milk for sale in the world today. The only other milks that can be compared with it would be that of the camel and the water buffalo.
Taste: Sheep milk tastes’ smooth, clean and mild. Most of us when put on a blind taste test would prefer sheep’s milk to cow’s milk.
Health Benefits of Sheep Milk:
- Sheep milk is more acceptable to the human digestive system in comparison to cow’s and goat’s milk. People who develop intolerances find that sheep milk products are the only dairy products they can safely drink.
- Sheep milk has more conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) than the milk from pigs, horses, goats, cattle, and humans. CLA is a cancer-fighting, fat-reducing fat.
- Sheep milk has higher calcium content than cow’s and goat milk; that is why it is very good for the prevention of osteoporosis and for those people already suffering from it.
- Sheep milk contains double the amount of butterfat in comparison to goat’s and cow’s milk. The fat globules in sheep milk are smaller than those in either cow or goat milk. The smaller fat globules are more easily digested and are less likely to cause high cholesterol.
- Sheep milk is a natural high protein energy drink because it contains 3 times more whey protein than goat’s or cow’s milk. Because the protein content of sheep milk is so high, it is not recommended for babies up to 12 months.
- Allergy sufferers can also benefit from using sheep’s milk and sheep’s milk products. Conditions such as eczema, asthma and dietary problems can be relieved by introducing sheep milk to one’s diet.
- Sheep milk does not have such a strong smell or taste as it often the case with goat’s milk.
- Sheep milk contain about double and in some cases much more than double the amount of solids found in either goat’s and cow’s milk that is why it is the preferred milk in making high quality cheeses.
“This post was originally published on May 29, 2012 @ 15:05”