Other name: bee glue
The name propolis is derived from the Greek meaning, “before the city,” signifying that propolis defended the entire community from external threat. Propolis has a 5,000 years old history. The Assyrian and the Greeks used propolis to help maintain good health.
What is Propolis? Propolis is a sticky resin secreted by trees. WorkerBees gather propolis from the buds and barks of certain trees and carry it to the hive. The worker bees then add salivary secretion and wax flakes, then spread the finished product on the beehive wall, from the entrance all the way to the individual chambers. It’s so effective, the interior of the bee hive is cleaner than most of the operating rooms.
Insects or small animals caught in the hive are first stung by the bees, then immobilized by the propolis but, interestingly, their bodies do not decay. If they did, they would spread infection throughout the hive.
Propolis Nutrient Content: There are more than 150 active components in Propolis, one of which is flavonoids – responsible for its bright yellow color – are responsible for most of its healing benefits.
In addition, bee propolis contains phenols that seem to be responsible for many of its antimicrobial effect. The bee products also have B-vitamins and amino acids.
Propolis Health Benefits:
- Propolis is a natural antibiotic and has been successfully used in the treatment of cold and flu symptoms, acne and skin infections.
- Propolis prevents or retards the growth of cancerous cells in the body; it is therefore beneficial for people fighting cancer.
- Propolis can help reduce the chances of cataracts.
- Propolis can help stop yeast infection naturally and prevent their reoccurrence. It has also been found to be very effective against the oral yeast infections which haunt denture users.
- Propolis can help women with endometriosis-associated infertility. Studies show that 60% of women become pregnant after taking Propolis regularly.
- Propolis when used in the form of mouthwash, it is effective in healing surgical wounds in mouth.
- Used as a gargle, it can relieve a raw sore throat while promoting healing.
- Propolis is largely used for dentistry purposes as a dental plaque cure, for dental pain treatment, gingivitis and dental cavities.
- Propolis have been shown effective against a wide range of disease producing microbes, including staphylococcus aureus.
Forever Bee Propolis is 100% natural with no added preservatives, or artificial colors. It is gathered from pollution-free, high desert regions. To further assure purity, patented bee propolis collectors are used.
Ingredients: Bee Propolis 500mg
Other Ingredients: Honey, Soy Protein Isolate, Carob, Silica, Almond Flavor, Stearic Acid, Croscarmellose Sodium, Royal Jelly.
Contents: 60 tablets (500 mg. Propolis each)
Directions: One Tablet, twice daily
Information on this page is from Forever Living Products
“This post was originally published on April 3, 2014 @ 01:59”