Benefits of Applying Milk Mask Twice a Week:
- Remove eyebags and dark circles under eyes.
- Help shrink pores. Although the effect of this is temporary (on first two application), long term regular application can really help minimize the pores.
- Reduce or remove skin discoloration.
- Helps lighten skin color.
- Helps reduce skin irritation.
Note: When choosing a milk to use for your skin and hair always go full fat, the thicker and creamier the better, because it hydrates your skin even more, moisturizing and firming it with the vitamins and protein from the fat. For this water buffalo and goat’s milk (which is creamier) is probably best.
Nutrient content of milk that can help improve skin condition:
- Calcium – heals dry skin.
- Magnesium – effective in reducing wrinkles and fine lines.
- Potassium – moisturizes and hydrates the skin.
- Protein – repairs skin and assist in healthy growth.
- Vitamin D – maintains skin elasticity and strength.
- Vitamin B6 – necessary for the formation of new skin cell.
- Vitamin B12 – heals rough skin, and evens skin, recommended for skin discoloration.
- Vitamin A – heals dry, itchy skin.
- Lactic Acid – helps break down dead cells, which help skin to regenerate faster.
How to Prepare Milk Mask:
Ingredients: 2 tablespoons powdered full cream milk and ¾ tablespoons water.
Mix 2 tablespoons of powdered milk with water; make sure it has a paste consistency, so it will be easier to apply on your face and neck. After 10-15 minutes rinse it with warm water, then apply a light moisturizer. After this you will notice that your face will look more radiant.