Many people especially pregnant and overweight people experience the skin condition of stretch marks. This condition occurs because the skin on the stomach is stretching very fast, as the skin is stretched, fibers in the deeper layers (dermis) tear, leaving permanent marks which overtime (after child birth or when the person lose weight) will fade and become less noticeable.
Symptoms: wavy stripes which (during pregnancy) appear on the breasts, abdomen, buttocks, and thighs. Initially reddish in color, they gradually turn white or grayish.
Causes of Stretch Marks:
- Rapid weight gains, which frequently occurs during pregnancy.
- Age, sex and a metabolic state are other factors that trigger the appearance of stretch marks.
How to Prevent Stretch Mark:
- Take a lot of zinc (30 to 50 mg.) and Multi-minerals (6 tablets) each day.
- Eat omega rich fish (salmon, tuna, sardine, anchovies), this will not only help prevent stretch marks but if you have it already it will help make the marks fade faster.
- Always stay hydrated. When your body is properly hydrated, the skin is able to quickly and effectively repair any damage that it is experiences. In addition to this, the skin is able to retain its elasticity and remain soft and moisturized.
- Always apply a mild cream or vegetable oil to areas that are prone to stretch marks. The moisture from the water contained in the cream will work deep within the skin to ensure that it is properly hydrated on the outside.
- Good nutrition can also help a great deal in making the skin elastic, therefore preventing stretch marks.
Recipe of a good moisturizer to prevent stretch marks:
- Mix ¼ cup of pure aloe vera gelatin with ½ cup of olive oil; then mix in 10 capsules of vitamin E and A (break capsules and empty contents into mixture). Mix all this in a small bowl and apply it every day after bathing during the pregnancy. Keep this mixture in cool place.
- Another formula includes ½ cup of olive oil, ¼ cup of aloe vera gel, 6 capsules of vitamin E, and 4 capsules of vitamin A. Cut open the capsules, mix it all together, and apply oil after shower all over the areas where the marks are likely to appear. If you make extra , store it in a closed jar in the refrigerator.
Avoid: Avoid caffeine, this will cause you to become dehydrated. Caffeine is often contained in products like teas, different types of coffees, as well as sodas.
“This post was originally published on January 16, 2012 @ 00:52”