- Scientific Name: Euphrasia officinalis
- Common Names: Eyebright, Augentrost, Euphrasy
Eyebright is a wild plant that is found in Europe. It is named Eyebright because its flowers bear a striking resemblance of an eye.
Available Form: Eyebright is often sold in tablet, capsule and tea form.
Benefits of Eyebright Herb:
- Eyebright is a traditional herbal treatment for several diseases including blepharitis (inflammation of the eyelids), cataracts, bloodshot eyes, weeping eyes, and conjunctivitis (pink eye). Eyebright’s chemical constituents can help strengthen the eye muscle.
- Eyebright can help fatigued eyes cause by staring at computer screens for long time.
- Eyebright bright works well for colds, hoarseness and coughs.
- Eyebright tea when consumed regularly can help enhance the memory.
- Eyebright tea when use as facial toner can help treat acne, alleviate irritated skin and tighten the skin.
Application: For weeping eye, cataracts, conjunctivitis (pink eye), strained and blood shot eyes, apply eyebright as an eye wash. Taking eyebright tablet or capsules and drinking eyebright tea also helps to alleviate the symptoms.
How to Make Eyebright eyewash / tea: To prepare eyebright tea boil 10-15 grams of the dried herb in two cups of water for ten minutes. After the liquid has cooled, you may already use it as eyewash; however, it can also be taken as a tea.
Note: The eyebright herb should be used in an extremely diluted form.
“This post was originally published on January 3, 2012 @ 07:14”