Other names for Banana includes; Canbur, Bananier Nain, Curro and Plantain.
Bananas are one of the most abundant fruit that is available all year round; they are packed with essential vitamins and minerals, healthy sugars and carbohydrates for energy. The name banana came from the Arabic word “banan” meaning finger.
Health Benefits of Banana:
- The most popular potassium-packed fruit. A daily serving of banana provides necessary potassium to benefit the circulatory system, helping to lower blood pressure, maintain proper heart rhythm, and ensure the proper delivery of oxygen to the brain.
- Help reduce the cases of kidney problem. According to studies if an average person just eats bananas at least 4-5 times a week, he or she can reduce developing kidney problem.
- Ideal baby food because it has a bland flavor, easy to digest, and hypoallergenic.
- Help reduce the symptoms of PMS.
- The combination of carbohydrates and B vitamin in a banana helps provide an energy boost which makes them great to eat 30 minutes before a workout.
- High in iron, which helps stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood, so helps in cases of anemia.
- Rich in fiber which can help prevent constipation and help restore normal bowel function.
- Help relieve hangover.
- Has natural antacid effect in the body, so if you suffer from heartburn and ulcer, try eating a banana for soothing relief.
- Useful for dry eyes. Since bananas are very rich in potassium, they help to control the balance of sodium and release of fluid in your cells, which results in preventing dry eyes.
- Beauty fruit because the antioxidant and vitamins in bananas restore collagen in the skin.
Nutrient Content of Banana: per 100 gm.
- Vitamin A: 430 I.U.
- Vitamin B: Thiamine .04mg.; Riboflavin .05mg.; Niacin .7mg.
- Vitamin C: 10mg.
- Iron: 6mg.
- Phosphorus: 28 mg.
- Potassium: 260 mg.
- Fat: .2gm.
- Carbohydrates: 23 mg.
- Protein: 1.2 mg.
- Calories: 88
Medicinal Uses of Banana Peel:
- The peel can help relieve mosquito bites, burns and boils. Just dab the inside of banana peel to the affected area for the healing effect.
- The peel is a natural cure for warts. Just place a small piece of the inside of banana peels on the affected area and secure it with a plaster or surgical tape.
“This post was originally published on January 8, 2012 @22:29”