Most of us suffer stress, pain and anxiety, and because of that we are also having a hard time getting quality sleep. When we suffer these discomforts we often go to our medicine cabinet to take medicine to alleviate the pain we are experiencing, we take this medicine even though we know that it contain harmful ingredients. But nature has given Valerian, natural mild sedative that will not cause harmful effects in our body.
This safely relaxes a person using it, without the risk of addiction; it is widely used and approved in other countries as an alternative to the potent and dangerous sedative drugs.
In a study done to compare the effect of Valerian and Halcion; a combination valerian pill (160 milligram of valerian and 80 milligrams lemon balm) with Halcion (0.125 milligrams triazolam ) in twenty people, ages thirty to fifty.
Over a period of 9 nights, the valerian combination put the subject into sleep just as fast and produced the same sound sleep as Halcion. It was most effective in the so-called bad sleepers. Valerian has minimal to no side effects because it does not hit your brain with hammer the way many prescription drugs do, valerian is much milder.
Valerian component is similar to benzodiazepine drugs (Halcion and Valium). This tends to sedate by stimulating activity of the nerve transmitter GABA, which dampen the brain’s arousal system.
Health Benefits of Valerian Plant:
- It is use to tame the brain
- Calm and relaxes you
- Help relax the muscle without the morning hangover or harmful side effects
Side Effects of Prescription Sedatives and Tranquilizer:
- Addiction to sleeping pills and sedatives
- Withdrawal problems
- Psychotic disturbances
- Memory loss
- Morning Hangovers of drowsiness
- Unable to concentrate
- Lack of alertness and impaired physical performance
Recommended Dosage of Valerian Natural Sedative:
- Like with other medicine and natural medicine, you should always start with a low dosage, if you feel you still need more just work up to a higher dose.
- As a sleeping pill 300 to 500 milligrams of a standardized valerian extract about an hour before bedtime. Cut the dosage into half when taking valerian as a mild tranquilizer to quiet anxiety during the day.
“This post was originally published on January 3, 2012 @ 18:22”